Editors' Review for LastPass
LastPass is an award-winning password manager designed to save all your usernames and passwords, to sync them whenever you need and give secure access from every computer and mobile device. Simply log into an online account for once, LastPass will store your username and password to automatically fill these info every time you go back your credentials. With LastPass installed, you only have to remember your LastPass master password instead of memorizing and managing multiple passwords. Besides, it also offers a premium upgrade as well for mobile access on iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Google Android, Palm webOS, and Symbian phones.
As a must-have free tool to keep your information private, secure, and hidden, LastPass consists of a host of great features, including:
- Form Autofill: Automatically fill in online logins, forms, payment information, and more with LastPass autofill.
- Data Breach Monitoring: Monitoring third party data breaches in one place, keeping you informed and secure.
- Secure Digital Wallet: Secure and simplify online shopping by storing your payment information in a digital wallet.
- Online Username Generator Tool: To instantly create a secure, random username.
- Online Password Generator Tool: To instantly create a secure, random password.
Following are the pros and cons of LastPass Password Manager:
- Browser integration: LastPass integrates with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and many other browsers, so you can continue to use your favorite browser and still get all of the benefits from this app. Users can opt for installing only plug-ins for specific browsers, or the universal installer - which will work on most major browsers and is novice-friendly.
- Nice interface: The streamlined interface of this software makes the process of storing, accessing, and managing your logins a snap. Once you're logged into the app, a button will pop up each time you enter login info for another site. Just click it to add that login to the Vault, and you'll be able to manage it from there going forward.
Complicated installation: The installation process was a little convoluted, a clear instruction is only available in video tutorials. So if you prefer reading instructions and not a fan of videos-watching, you're out of luck.