One of the best alternatives to the default File Explorer.
Files&Folders is a fully functional file manager.
Manage your files and folders, extract archives, watch videos, view pictures and listen to music.
• file and folder options (copying, moving, renaming, deleting)
• ability to launch executable files on Desktop family devices (desktops, laptops, tablets). In Windows 10 S, you can only launch executable files that are allowed by system.
• opening and extracting files from archives (RAR, ZIP, 7z, ZipX, ISO, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ARJ, XZ, CAB...)
• ability to Extract Here with the application from the Windows Explorer's context menu.
• built-in viewer and media player (jpeg, png, bmp, gif, tiff, mp3, wma, m4a, aac, wav, ac3, avi, 3gp, wmv, mp4, m4v, mov, mkv)
• support .nef files (only on Desktop devices)
• built-in document editor (doc, docx, rtf, txt ) for all devices excluding Windows 10 Mobile
• audio playback in the background
• OneDrive support
• Dropbox support
• Google Drive support
• Yandex Disk support
• FTP support
• snapped mode support
• adding folders to Favorites and pinning them to the Start Screen
• charms support: Search and Share
• operating with the system Clipboard (copying to Windows Explorer)
• themes and backgrounds, Bing wallpaper
• video and image preview
• autorun when inserting portable devices and flash drives
• hotkey commands
• Built for Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
• Ability to run multiple instances of the application.
• Access to the file system.
• Ability to Extract Here with the application from the Windows Explorer's context menu.
• This version is targeted for Creators Update.
• Added app window transparency (aka Fluent).
• Added compact overlay mode for image/audio/video viewer (aka Picture in picture).
• Added equalizer to audio player.
• Added support for Google Drive and Yandex Disk.
• Added support for FTP connections.
• Added ability to launch executable files on Desktop family devices (desktops, laptops, tablets).
• Xbox One support.
• Comic Book Archive support (.cbz, .cbr)
• Support for background images in the GIF format.
• UI improvements.
Files&Folders is available for Windows 10 now.
• Built-in viewer and media player
• Audio playback in the background
• Streaming from OneDrive and Dropbox
• Creating ZIP and 7z archives
• RAR5 support
• Polish language added
• Turkish language added
• Chinese language added
• Fixed a problem with duplication of the SD card on the main page
• Fixed a problem with disappearance of the "New Folder" command
• Fixed a problem with list items after changing of the system font size
• Fixed a problem with crash of the program in large folders
• Speed rendering of items in large folders optimized
• support for multivolume archives